Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum
Updates to the RUC (and other) soundings page
Posted By: Bill Moninger
Date: 29-January-09 0026Z
Today we updated the RUC (and other model) soundings page at http://rucsoundings.noaa.gov/ in the following ways.
1. We clarified that archival model soundings are available at 0 and 12 UTC at most RAOB sites. The archives are as follows:
* Bak20 starting 23 Feb 2006
* Op20 starting 4 Jan 2007
* GFS starting 6 Dec 2007
* NAM starting 30 Jan 2008
* FIM starting 26 Feb 2008
* RRnc starting 24 May 2008
* RR1h starting 11 Dec 2008
2. The maximum forecast projection available on our site is now indicated for most models.
3. Soundings from the NAM (North American Mesoscale) model are now available.
4. Soundings that load slowly and cause a high load on our server, or are otherwise special-purpose, are now indicated on the site. Please do not request these soundings often. (Unless you are asking for a past sounding--these always load quickly.)
Please let me know if you encounter any issues.
Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum is maintained by RR/RAP Forum Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.