Time Series Surfrad3-Model Statistics Change Details
- 29-Nov-2017 (beta)
- Corrected a bug in bilinear interpolation by requiring that the
reference dates actually bracket the date in question. Routines changed: get_surfrad_ts_stats.cgi.
- Added extensive code to deal with *15 variables (i.e. 15-min
averages of DSWRF and DIRECT from the HRRR).
- We now allow differences between curves when the times don't
match. The differencer uses bilinear interpolation to estimate
the appropriate value on the 'reference curve' (the curve with
the lower index--usually the first curve plotted) to compare
with the curve in question.
- For statistics that involve the observations (MAE, RMS, etc), we
create a temporary table 15-min average obs, to compare with the
15 min averages from the model.
- For 15-min average fields, we set the reference time on the plots to 7.5
minutes before the 'valid time' of the field, consistent with
what is done in the HRRR.
- Routines changed:
- 8-Nov-2017 (production and beta)
- All beta changes moved to production
- Simplified the code for getting difference curves (a'la
upper-air processing). Routines changed:
- 4-Oct-2017 (beta)
- Added appropriate curve breaks to difference curves.
Routines changed: get_surfrad_ts_stats.cgi.
- 5-Sep-2017 (beta)
- First version. Adapted from the surfrad2 script.
Last modified: Thu Nov 30 00:37:43 GMT 2017