METAR-Model surface data display
Latest change is 10-Mar-2016. See
the change details page.
- Click 'Select Data'. The data selection window will appear.
- In the data selection window choose a valid time and model
to load, then click 'Load/Replace data'.
- Move the mouse over a station to see its data values.
- Click on a station to see its name and (some) data.
- Zoom by dragging the mouse across the region
- (The minimum data spacing is preset to 7 pixels. If
close-together stations are not all showing, you can either
zoom in or adjust the station spacing (with the slider bar to
the lower right of the map).)
Select Data button to
Move the mouse over the map to see the
geographic coordinates, the station name and weather information.
- select a valid time
- select a model
- the data will be loaded and displayed when you
Drag (move the mouse while holding
down button 1) to choose an area in which to zoom. (The zoom
will occur as soon as the mouse button is released.) Undo zooming by
reset map button.
Choose to display counties, rivers,
and/or airports by clicking the
(Image rendering is faster when fewer lines are displayed, so you may
wish to only display these after you have zoomed in.)
Drag the balls on the slider bars
to hide all data except those in the range(s) you have selected.
Click on a bar to reset the range to its original value.
Drag the ball on the 'Spacing' bar to change the
minimum distance between stations shown, in pixels.
Display Obs, analyses, or forecasts.
Page prepared by Bill Moninger,
Last modified: Thu Mar 10 20:34:14 GMT 2016