SYNOP Precipitation Display (access from NOAA)
precip calculation definitions |
Latest change is 8-Apr-2015.
See the change
details page (in a new window) for further information.
Usage instructions below the display
- Click 'Select Data' if you wish to load a time period other
than the most recent two hours.
- Move the mouse over a station to see its data values.
- Zoom by clicking and dragging the mouse across the region of
- Click on a station to see a (textual for now) 12-h time series.
- Use the 'World' button to see stations beyond the Contiguous
- To show only some networks, use the 'Show/Hide Data'
window. Select or deselect the network(s) you
desire and click "Redisplay".
- (The minimum data spacing is preset to 0 pixels. If
too many stations are showing, you can either
zoom in or adjust the station spacing (with the slider bar to
the lower right of the map).)
Select Data button to
Move the mouse over the map to see the
geographic coordinates, the station name and weather information.
- select a time range
- select the number of hours to check. (The
most recent report in the time range checked will be displayed.)
- the data will be loaded and displayed when you
Drag (move the mouse while holding
down button 1) to choose an area in which to zoom. (The zoom
will occur as soon as the mouse button is released.) Undo zooming by
reset map button.
Click on a station to display a 12-hour time series
for that station in a separate window. (Close the window in the
normal way when you are done, or use the
button to close all time history windows.
Choose to display counties, highways, rivers,
and/or airports by clicking the
(Image rendering is faster when fewer lines are displayed, so you may
wish to only display these after you have zoomed in.)
Drag the balls on the Temperature or Wind Speed bars
to hide all data except those in the range(s) you have selected.
Click on a bar to reset the range to its original value.
Drag the ball on the 'Spacing' bar to change the
minimum distance between stations shown, in pixels.
Show Special button to show values or to display
only those SYNOPs that are reporting non-zero 6h precip.
Last modified: Wed Apr 8 19:00:54 GMT 2015