[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum

Re: Generation of RAP snds for RR1h inoperative

Posted By: Bill Moninger
Date: 24-March-14 1809Z

In Response To: Generation of RAP snds for RR1h inoperative (Henry Steigerwaldt)

Hello Henry and others,

my apologies. We did a major renaming of several of our models that involved changing the name "RR1h" to "RAP". I failed to send out an announcement of this change, or to note this on the main soundings page at http://rucsoundings.noaa.gov/, but that is corrected now.

The bottom line is this: change "RR1h" to "RAP" in your requests, and you should get the same behavior as before. The "RAP", just like the "RR1h", represents forecasts from the Rapid Refresh model run at GSD, on the CONUS domain* at 13 km.

The Op40, which is the RAP on 40 km resolution over the CONUS, has been available all along (and these soundings load more quickly than those from the "RAP" model), so I hope this apparent outage has not caused anyone too much difficulty.

-Bill

* the "RAP" model also provides soundings at all RAOB sites in the entire RAP domain, including Canada and Alaska, but only at 0 and 12 UTC.

Messages In This Thread

Generation of RAP snds for RR1h inoperative -- Henry Steigerwaldt -- 24-March-14 0038Z
Re: Generation of RAP snds for RR1h inoperative -- Brian Jamison -- 24-March-14 1541Z
Re: Generation of RAP snds for RR1h inoperative -- Bill Moninger -- 24-March-14 1809Z
Re: Generation of RAP snds for RR1h inoperative -- Henry Steigerwaldt -- 26-March-14 2215Z

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum is maintained by RR/RAP Forum Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.