[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum

Re: HRRR images

Posted By: Mark Pullen
Date: 18-November-12 2054Z

In Response To: HRRR images (Scott Dennstaedt)

Scott,

I'm just an amateur meteorologist, but I have been able to use the png image URL's with a script in my GIS program. (I even geo-reference them automatically for overlay with other layers.) I agree that a "latest" type filename would be swell, but I don't see how it would work with three+ variables in the filename. I think the sources that do that only have one option for the "latest" file/image. Anyway, what I do is have my GIS program script define the desired filename as a variable with user input; then I put things like MMDD and FF in a "generic" filename, where month/day/forecast hour would be, then I replace/enter those values manually when I run the script to retrieve the right image. It's much less automatized, kind of a pain, and may not suit your needs, but it works. One must keep track of what run and forecast hour is available seperately. Don't know if that helps.

Mark

Messages In This Thread

HRRR images -- Scott Dennstaedt -- 12-November-12 1321Z
Re: HRRR images -- Mark Pullen -- 18-November-12 2054Z
Re: HRRR images -- Scott Dennstaedt -- 26-November-12 1249Z

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum is maintained by RR/RAP Forum Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.