[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum

Re: Skew-T comes up GRAY

Posted By: Bill Moninger
Date: 3-November-08 1627Z

In Response To: Skew-T comes up GRAY (dave Hopkins)

Several of you have notified us that you are unable to run GSD's java SkewT display of RUC (and other) soundings, at http://rucsoundings.noaa.gov/.

In October 24th, we re-compiled the java display apparently without ensuring backward compatibility. The code itself is backward-compatible to Java version 1.1 (a version from about a decade ago), but we neglected to tell the compiler to put out an old-style executable code. I presume that has caused the display to become inoperable for some users.

We've now recompiled the code to the old Java version 1.1 (with no loss in functionality). Please let me know if the display continues to cause problems.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your continued interest in our site.

-Bill

Messages In This Thread

Skew-T comes up GRAY -- dave Hopkins -- 1-November-08 0154Z
Re: Skew-T comes up GRAY -- Bill Moninger -- 3-November-08 1627Z

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum is maintained by RR/RAP Forum Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.