[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum

Re: Near-adiabatic saturated layers

Posted By: Scott Dennstaedt
Date: 14-December-06 0438Z

In Response To: Re: Near-adiabatic saturated layers (John Brown)

John,

Thanks for the detailed response. I don't have access to the paper you mentioned. Do you know how I could get a copy? Is this available on the Internet without a required subscription?

If you had to "correct" this analysis, what would the result look like? A saturated lapse rate parallel to the moist adiabat? I like to use these analyses to understand the potential for serious icing aloft. When I see a saturated layer depicted this way at temps below freezing, I assume that there's strong VV in the layer and assume the potential that large droplets (SLD) exist in the clouds in this layer. I also anticipate that the layer may contain moderate or greater turbulence especially if the winds at this altitude are fairly strong.

Messages In This Thread

Near-adiabatic saturated layers -- Scott Dennstaedt -- 10-December-06 1552Z
Re: Near-adiabatic saturated layers -- John Brown -- 11-December-06 2107Z
Re: Near-adiabatic saturated layers -- Scott Dennstaedt -- 14-December-06 0438Z
Re: Near-adiabatic saturated layers -- richard mamrosh -- 14-December-06 1448Z
Re: Near-adiabatic saturated layers -- Lyle Alexander -- 15-December-06 1605Z

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum is maintained by RR/RAP Forum Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.