[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum

Re: NCEP vs FSL RUC land -use

Posted By: Jack Glendening
Date: 16-March-04 0258Z

In Response To: Re: NCEP vs FSL RUC land -use (Stan Benjamin)

Stan, I was only interested in NCEP vs FSL RUC since I was seeing an apparent systematic difference of the 2m Temp at a location I was interested in which averaged out to 1.3C and was trying to wrap my brain around what might be causing the difference - based on what I had read I had thought that the land use parameters were the same in both so it must be assimilation/initialization differences but wanted to make sure I hadn't made an incorrect assumption. That comparison was only over 10 days but the std.dev. was much smaller than the avg. difference so was consistent. I will see what happens after the change (and over a longer period!). The forum email with your message caught me reading about the new changes. I know the areas I've looked at, notably around Dallas, tend to have underpredicted BL moisture and the changes sound like they will help improve that. Thanks. Jack

Messages In This Thread

NCEP vs FSL RUC land -use -- Jack Glendening -- 16-March-04 0220Z
Re: NCEP vs FSL RUC land -use -- Stan Benjamin -- 16-March-04 0258Z
Re: NCEP vs FSL RUC land -use -- Jack Glendening -- 16-March-04 0258Z

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum is maintained by RR/RAP Forum Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.