[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum

Resolution of RAP data available in archive

Posted By: Arthur Pan
Date: 5-January-23 0312Z

Hi!

I am a student currently pursuing a Master's degree in Computing Science by research at the University of Alberta, Canada. I am making use of historical Rapid Refresh data for 2017-Jan to 2018-Jun in my research, but there is something I hope someone can help me understand.

I downloaded my data available from the NWS/COMET archive (http://soostrc.comet.ucar.edu/data/grib/rap/), and the resolution of the grid in the data is 451x337x50 data points (I use Panoply to visualize the data and the netcdf library to read it using Java).

According to the Rapid Refresh paper "A North American Hourly Assimilation and Model Forecast Cycle: The Rapid Refresh", this seems to be the specification of the older RUC system, while the grid for RAPv3 should have a resolution 954x835x51 data points.

Have I made a mistake somewhere?

Thank you in advance!
Arthur

Messages In This Thread

Resolution of RAP data available in archive -- Arthur Pan -- 21-April-21 1822Z
Re: Resolution of RAP data available in archive -- John Brown -- 21-April-21 1822Z
Re: Resolution of RAP data available in archive -- Arthur Pan -- 21-April-21 1822Z

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum is maintained by RR/RAP Forum Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.