Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum
Update on Rapid Refresh - additional questions
Posted By: Stan Benjamin
Date: 9-September-10 1710Z
Hello RUC users.
(continuation below for questions 9 onward)
9. Since the RR-13 is sent in GRIB-2 that is compressed, do you have minimum, maximum, and nominal file sizes for the full grid with all parameters, in pressure format?
10. Can you make similar estimates for a reduced RR-13 in GRIB-2 Pressure for the FAA reduced parameter set?
11. What is the frequency of the update of RR-13? (one hour or 15 minutes?)
12. Does the RR-13 cover Puerto Rico?
13. What certification of the RR-40 has been performed to ensure that the data is of equivalent or better quality in comparison with the RUC-40?
13) NCEP is running the same battery of statistical measures to evaluate the RR that we use when updating the RUC model. ESRL/GSD has been doing the same during their preliminary testing in Boulder. Our testing has not stabilised so it is too early to quote any numbers based on our testing.
14. The FAA is developing requirements for NexGen Weather and would like to know the following. Are there NWS plans to provide the RR-40 in Netcdf format? In what time frame would it be possible to get the RR-40 in NETCDF-4 format?
Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum is maintained by RR/RAP Forum Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.