[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum

RUC20 precipitation data

Posted By: Tugrul Yilmaz
Date: 7-November-07 1541Z

I am interested in precipitation data from RUC20 but I was not able to get it. I downloaded many RUC20 data and checked all the fields related with the subject (NCPCP, ACPCP, CRAIN, CFRZR, PRATE, RH, MSTAV, PWAT). But, among them just "RH, MSTAV,and PWAT" fields had reasonable values and the rest of the fields were either full with 0 or 99999. This was true not just only one hour data but for all the data I possess.

In the forum, similar issues were posted before (on 01/2004 by Jim Cowie and on 08/2002 by Mike Ross) but the answer is still not clear to me.
Briefly my question is, "Is there any real precipitation data that I can get from RUC data?". If so, which RUC data and which parameter would give this precipitation considering the parameters above in RUC20 doesn't have values in.
Thanks,

Tugrul Yilmaz

Messages In This Thread

RUC20 precipitation data -- Tugrul Yilmaz -- 7-November-07 1541Z
Re: RUC20 precipitation data -- Geoff Manikin -- 7-November-07 1605Z
Re: RUC20 precipitation data -- Tugrul Yilmaz -- 7-November-07 1855Z
Re: RUC20 precipitation data -- Geoff Manikin -- 7-November-07 1930Z
Re: RUC20 precipitation data -- Stan Benjamin -- 8-November-07 1811Z

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum is maintained by RR/RAP Forum Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.