[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum

upcoming A/B change

Posted By: Geoff Manikin
Date: 1-March-04 2133Z

The early 'A' NCEP RUC analysis at 00/12Z will be eliminated starting with the 12Z cycle on Tuesday 4 March. Check the post from 3 February 2003 in this forum for details on the issue, but the basic point is that the early analysis (based on the T+25 data cutoff) will be eliminated. The later analysis will still be run at the same time with the T+70 data cutoff - this is the analysis used to run the free forecast.

There will be no change to the timing of the late analysis or the forecast files.

If you ftp from the NCEP server, I'm not completely
sure at this time what will be done with the naming convention, but I believe that all files will be in the 'A' directories and that the 'B' directories will be eliminated. I will post more on this when I know.

Messages In This Thread

upcoming A/B change -- Geoff Manikin -- 1-March-04 2133Z
Re: upcoming A/B change -- Geoff Manikin -- 1-March-04 2133Z

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Rapid Refresh (RAP) and High-Resolution Rapid Refresh (HRRR) Forum is maintained by RR/RAP Forum Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.